Friday, August 31, 2007

Bone Marrow Update

I had my biopsy on Wednesday afternoon. It hurt a lot this time, the doctor had to pull out two samples. The process is kind of interesting first they numb the area above your pelvis. They then make a small cut and push the needle through the bone. The needle is about half the size of a Bic pen. When he pushes the needle through the bone you can feel it hit the other side of the bone, kind of a cool feeling. Then he pulls out the samples each time it hurts the same, the pain is quick and sharp and is over as quick as it starts. He then takes a sample of the bone. That is the basics of a Bone Marrow Biopsy. I am sure that I have missed some parts but I am no doctor.

The results from the test came back this morning. The results were very good with 97% of good healthy cells, the remaining 3% were inmature cells. This is of no concern as these cells are just developing into good normal cells. It would have been bad if there would have been around 40% blasts. The Dr. is very happy with the results. I had the last treatment and should be out of here in a couple of weeks (hopefuly).

I am currently working out some issues with the soda/sugar embargo placed against me by LANI NISH. This has now grown into a movement with my other loyal friends {aka JILL JOHNSON}. Jill has caused her husband to halt the delivery of Atomic Sour Apple Slurpees to my room and this will continue until I get this mess cleaned up, or until I am released from the hospital and am able to purchase my own. I am currently thinking of things that they should have to do with out, I am open to suggestions....

On Wednesday I attemped to escape from the hospital, only once again LANI foiled my plans. Aaron needs to get a faster escape vehicle.

We watched the repair people at the hospital try to replace some ceiling lights. This was quite funny as he had to replace one lightbulb THREE times. This tremendous job required one man on the lift, one on the ground, two security guards [for laughter(no wonder my Suburban got broke into as he was too busy watching the repair people)] all watching the guy replacing the lightbulb. I no longer wonder why it is so expensive to be in the hospital.

Thanks again to everyone who has commented on my blog it is really fun to see who is reading.

Remember your suggestions on things that Lani and Jill should have to go without..

Here is what I have thought of:

1. Nice haircuts, I am able to do them for free

2. Cheese cake factory with friends

3. Swiming parties in the middle of the day {sun causes skin cancer}

4. Tanning beds {causes cancer as well}

5. ???????

10 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

I will gladly go without pop and sugar, even tanning beds, but not nice haircuts. I could cause you to go without alot of things, I do have a lot of control over aaron. So, be nice to me.

Brianne said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad thinks went well. I kept wanting to call all day, but afraid of interupting or hearing bad news.

I think Lani and Jill could go with out each other for a while. They seem to get into a lot of trouble from what I hear. Just kidding.

Maybe namebrand clothing? Or new clothes in general. They always look too nice.

Brianne said...

I ment to say "things", not "thinks". Opps.

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad to hear things went well with the biopsy! That's fantastic news! Congratulations!

Jill said...

Hooray for good news biopsies! Now get out of there before they think they need to do another one. Congratulations on the fabulous results. Tell those bone marrow cells of yours they're doing a fantastic job and to keep it up!

Heidi said...

That's awesome news about your biopsy results--we're so glad to hear all is well with that and that you're looking to escape soon from the hospital.
I only suggest Lani and Jill go without Cheesecake Factory unless they take me along next time---I love that place but only been twice. And you can never ask a woman to go without her nice haircuts--are you crazy?

Keli said...

I'm with Brianne in saying no new clothes. They always look WAY too cute, and heaven knows, they should be looking more frumpy from now on.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Hmm what should Lani and Jill go with out... I agree with the other 2 people, sorry I don't know who you are, NO CUTE CLOTHES! Lani and Jill need some nice skin tight white sweats, mauve t-shirt from Wal-Mart( I have to support Wal- Mart!)but the shirt needs to be quite small, so when they bend over their garments show and of course there would have to be holes in them! But the shoes- I'm a little torn on which shoes they should wear, penny loafers or slip on church shoes in a nice counrty blue color to accent the mauve shirt. Oh, I forgot the socks, fold down white ones with lace around the ankle. That would be beautiful!!! =)

Darrell and Alissa said...

We're so happy your tests came back so well!! I got so caught up in thinking of Jill and Lani in such stylish clothes I forgot to congratulate you!

Lesa said...

Hi there

southern alberta misses you. the mountains are starting to turn beautiful yellow. and the last of the flowers look so good. the fields mostly harvested. We are making rice pudding and chocolate pudding. Aunt Jeanne has put a special bowl of each aside just for you. So good to hear about the good blood count. FYI I (Lesa) have O negative blood and have been approved for the bonor marrow registry. If you need me call me. Love you and you are always in our thoughts.

Lesa, Rhean, and Aunt Jeannne