Monday, August 6, 2007

The Doctor Returns......

Dr Sanchez came back today. He said everything is fine my counts are at 10 (10,000), they should be lower but he said I have defied all of the odds so don't worry yet. Things have been very uneventful except I have developed a rash (on my belly). The doctors don't know what it is from but they don't seem too worried. His line came out tonight and he bled all over the bed. It was SCARY. It was right after the nurses told him not to wet his bed. It was kind of funny.

One of the doctors on the team is from Kenya. She makes her rounds at 10 or 11 at night. She thinks we have a neat tribe. Tonight she asked if Casey was an actor, he is soooo dramatic. One day a nurse was giving him a transfusion of platelets she had forgotten to premedicate him. When the platelets reached his body he shook violently. She freaked out and got mad at him.

Thanks for all of those that fasted for us. It is neat to be a part of something so special. It really boosts us up.

I have had lots of comments from people who said they would have shaved their head if they were on the list. Consider this an open invitation (Delton, Ken Secreton, Sheridan Smith, Eric Mackay, Shane Norman, Brianne Whitaker, Alan Nish, Dan Noorda, Lamar Noorda). I will continue to add to this list as more names come to mind. A special thanks to Ken Kaufman for shaving his head.

It is fun to read everyones comments. It helps brighten our day.

14 comments:

Linds Baggs said...

So I am up bright and early and thought I would join the housewives club and drop a line. It was great to visit with you yesterday and in light of it being a hospital it was actually fun, I especially enjoyed my mask and reminding my hubby of everyones names, sorry lonny. You guys are great and we cant wait to finally take you to Cafe Rio. We will visit again soon and I will work on Todd to post a comment so you can induct some male members into your fan club. He does say to get working on that book deal though
Prayers are with you all
Linds Baggaley

Brianne said...

Um...... Yeah. Thanks for adding me to your list, it was a nice thought. What about Jesse? He would do it.

bushfam6 said...

Thanks for the good time last night...I guess you can tell that we don't get out much!!! ha,ha!! By the way, what is the most people that the hospital will allow in 1 room?? Because I think that you guys meet it last night. You can bet that Cheri and I will be back, good converastion, ice cream and friends, never knew the hospital could be so much fun!!! ;)

Heidi said...

Glad to hear the good report from the doctor and sounds like we missed quite the party at the hospital on Monday night! For those of us out of town, we need to see a picture of Ken Kaufman's bald head---and I think Andrew said he'd pay good money to see Ken bald so you should ask him to pay up!!!

Keli said...

You're really recruiting my dad to shave his head, huh? I don't know, that's a pretty tall order. He has such a flowing mane. Jill on the other hand would look specTACular!

tracie said...

hey guys, i'm so glad to see that everything seems to be going good. it's so nice you have this blog that i can check up on ya! i would love to see brianne bald, haha! that reminds me of blanchard when she made the comment "we even have to be nice to bald people"! those are some funny memeories. anyways, hang in there guys. just know i'm thinking about ya and praying for both of ya. love ya!!!

Jill Johnson said...

Ya know my dad is already bald right? In fact he shaved his head this morning if you want it to be for you he will tell you it was. I can't wait to get back and see you. It was nice that I got a cold the second I got to Utah and now that I am coming home I am feeling better. That was good! Love you guys thanks for the middle of the night text.

Lani said...

Tracie thats funny that you said that about Brianne because I was just telling someone that story. She was always full of smart comments. The good ole days Eh!

jill said...

So I have a picture of Aaron that shows he does have a bald spot on the back of his head! I will post it on my blog on Thursday. He said he would not shave his head but I dont think he really has to, he really is almost there. It wont be long till he is all the way bald!!!
Aarons sister,
Jill

Paula said...

Casey, You are so amazing!! Lani, too. Dan would be glad to shave his head, it he had any hair!! But count him as one who has shaved!! Hang in there, we are praying for you.
Love, The Noordas

Jill said...

Hi Lani and Casey,
I found your blog via Brianne's, via Facebook, via Brian. Whew! Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I'm poking my little head in here to see how you are doing. The only updates we get on you guys is from my mom and they aren't often enough. Anyway, as for your list, I've already shaved my head twice. Does that count? Tell Casey it's fun to walk into an appointment with a target adorning your bald head. Well, I had fun. But it was PCMC, so maybe that's different than having it as an adult. You guys are always in our prayers - you amaze me.
Love from us.

Just Rhonda said...

Sorry to hear that it's back!! So sad! I'm sure Brad would shave his head too. :)
Thanks for stopping by the ol' blog! It'll be good to see how you guys are!!

Unknown said...

Hi guys Kari gave me your blog information I really enjoyed reading it. I am sure Beej would be glad to join the club. We just heard last night. You are in our prayers your strength is amazing. Thinking of you always.

Stacee

Johnson Kids said...

but ken was already bald.