Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Amazing Adventures


I just have to tell you some of the things that Casey has been doing for fun. He will walk around the hospital talking to everyone he sees. The picture below is a volunteer desk. When no one is around Aaron and him will sit at this desk and try to help people. I was surprised the volunteer wanted to take a picture with him. They will also sit in this lobby on the second floor and watch out the windows to the main entrance. So when you come to visit don't be surprised if you have a masked face watching you from.
Also one night as I was leaving I passed in the parking lot a jetta with two guys in it. One being a man with a mask and gloves on and the other being Aaron Johnson. When they saw me they were speeding through the parking lot only to end up hiding behind a dumpster in a car. I felt like I was chasing Herbie. Those guys are crazy. At least it's nice to see him having fun. Those two are always up to trouble. That reminds me of another story. About three weeks ago Aaron was up here visiting and Casey was complaining of how cold it was, so before Aaron left he turned the heat up for us. The thermostat made a really loud buzzing noise but we weren't to alarmed, we were glad to finally be warm. Well, about 4:00 am the nurse came in and we all woke up it was so hot in here we were sweating so bad we had to open the door to get cool air. There was no going back to sleep. The next morning maintenance came up and said it was 107 degrees in our room. Thanks Aaron, they fixed it and Aaron is no longer allowed to change the temperature.
Everything is going well! We hope to get him out of here (legally) soon.

5 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

Did you ever watch that movie, Adventures in Babysitting? I think Aaron watched it too many times as a kid. I'll have to ask his Mom.

Heidi said...

Crazy, crazy guys. They should write a book about "Fun things to do to keep yourself occupied while staying in the hospital!" You should change your blog name to Adventures in Chemotherapy :)

Johnson Kids said...

why doesnt my dad tell me these things?

Meg & Josh said...

Why an I so not surprised.... :) Casey and his fearless sidekick Aaron. Sounds like the cruise, only without the deep sea fishing.

Brian Nish said...

Casey,
Dad heard about your blog from an article in the Cardston paper. They misspelled the address but I found it anyway. I will check in from time to time. Anything we can do for you? We aren't too far away and you are in our thoughts and prayers. We are only 5 hours away so if there is anything you need please let me know at bnish@treelineusa.com

Brian & Debi Nish