Monday, December 17, 2007

Seattle times

Things are going great here in Seattle. The last week I had more tests. I met with the attending Dr. He said that they cannot find any leukemia in my body (Yipee), so just to make sure they did another bone marrow biopsy on Friday. I think that he enjoys ordering bone marrow biopsys. They are going to run some tests on the biopsy to see if I need a transplant or possibly an injection of Ty T-Cells. It will be interesting to see what they find out on Wednesday. If they do the T-Cells then that means no chemo or radiation which would be good as more radiation may make me glow. If they go the transplant route then I would have to have the chemo and radiation but either way they have me covered. I told my brother Wade about this plan and he said that I need his Ultra Premium blood to cure me. My blood counts have stabilized as I have not had a transfusion in a while.

Things about Seattle that I never knew about. Starbucks is everywhere. Just today I walked out of a restaurant and right in my face was a Starbucks, I am sure that there was another one inside of the Barnes and Noble bookstore right next door. These people are sure hooked on their coffee. But if you try to find a Wal-Mart or even ask someone, your out of luck, you have to search high and low to find one. Apparently coffee is more important than discount goods and clothing. The other thing I noticed today is that everyone has longer hair, not many bald people here as they would freeze, not sure if this is to keep them warm or what. One guy I saw had a comb over and braids, if I can get a picture I will. Maybe this is dual purpose as he could control his tempurature, if he got cold he could comb more over, if he is hot he could just braid it up. I am thinking of trying this out for myself.

I hope all is well at you house.

Casey

10 comments:

Candace said...

I'm glad that I get to leave the first comment for once. I know it has been quite some time since I've left one, but hey I'd rather talk to you in person anyway(just to hear your voice Casey)Jks!
Well I can relate about the starbucks and walmarts, I think that is why we need to stay inland, they plan their cities layouts a bit better.
Well I'm glad that the doctors are doing so much and that things are going better. I do understand what Wade means though, because he is wiser than Ty and well, he has managed to stay away from Cardston longer! Just kidding! I love home!
Take care, we love you and want to come and visit once it is easier for you guys! Love you tons!
The Hull Family

Heidi said...

Good news--maybe that means you come home sooner!
No Walmarts uh? Those people don't know what they're missing!!

boblog said...

maybe all that 3 buck a cup coffee is making their hair grow not!!
Casey we are reading your blogs and admire your positive attitude
keep it up. thanks

bobrhon

Jim said...

Wonderful to hear the positive report Casey. Hope this progress continues. As you know, Joanne and I (all of us Williams people) lived in Bellevue (just east of Seattle) for many years. We loved it there. Yep, many Starbucks in that area - the company began there and is headquartered there - their first shop is still operating at the Pike Place Market. Seattle offers some of the best medical care in the world with the University of Washington, Childrens, the cancer centers, etc. Microsoft's headquarters is an amazing campus in the Bellevue-Redmond area (you might enjoy driving thru it). There are lots of Walmarts in surrounding cities and some in Seattle proper but the area is politically off-the-chart on the liberal side and has resisted Walmarts somewhat. Interestingly, if you drive 30 miles north or 40 miles east of where you are you will see some of the most beautiful farm land you will ever see - outside of Cardston of course. You keep up the positive thinking and we will keep up the prayers. Deal?

Brianne said...

Yay!! What great news. We sure will miss you guys this Christmas, but at least things are looking more positive for you. Wish we could be there.

DJ $tanger said...

Yo! What's up dude good. I hope you won't glow too much, but if I see any bright lights, I'll be thinking of ya buddy. Unfortunately, my hair has grown back and I hope yours does too.
You need to come Home. NOW!!!
We miss you and will always love you. Momma and Dad said "Hi and we hope are getting better."

Muchos love,
Del Jonna & DJ $tanger
a.k.a. yo homey 4 life

PS tell the family we said HI

Johnson Kids said...

maybe starbucks has like a hair growing formula in their drinks. do you have hair yet?

Jill Johnson said...

I noticed that too. Starbucks is everywhere!!! I hear they have good Hot Chocholate.

Darrell and Alissa said...

We noticed the Starbucks also- we figured it was becasue it rains and is kinda gloomy outside all the time they need the pick up! No Wal- Marts huh- we'll have to get on that!

Berta said...

So Starbucks is the word of the day. I heard that California is trying to put a tax on coffee. They know where the money is.
Are you ready for another joke?
How do you make an elephant fly? You start with a zipper thisssssss big.
Berta