Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dreaded MRI

Well today was a short day but painful. I had a bone marrow biopsy which was not fun. My backside hurts. I was excited for Friday's appointments, as I only had to see the Dentist and visit with a couple of people. That was the schedule until they changed it at the last minute. I think that Aaron again has something to do with the changes. In the morning I have to get another MRI, if you remeber the last time that I had one it was quite exciting. This will be followed up with a CAT scan. So basically I will spend the first part of tomorrow in different tubes. The MRI will be the worst and the Dr. has prescribed adivant to calm me down. Maybe I will take the whole bottle so I will not remember the MRI. The Dr. said after a couple of pills it is like a couple of glasses of wine. Unfortunatly I have never had a couple of glasses of wine, maybe I should purchase some wine just to see what they are talking about. After the scans in the tubes I then go to the Dentist for a check up, I can only imagine what he is wanting to do. The day will then be wrapped up with a visit with to the nutritionist, most likely I will have to go on a diet and eat Tofu. I will then get a blood transfusion (YUM).

Wade has now gone home and is in good health. That is a good thing and is lined up to donate his marrow around the 27th and they will do the transplant on the 27th. I am very lucky to have two people who match me as most people have a hard time finding one. So a big thank you to my brothers Wade and Ty.

Thanks again to all those who respond to this blog, it is neat to see who is reading about my life.

Casey

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Casey--I'm soo glad you are my friend and I miss you soo much already! I have no good excuse to leave the house at night anymore. The other night while I was hanging out around the house I met this girl named Jill-she's okay but I miss hanging out with you at the hospital. Good luck with the tubes!

Jill said...

Maybe you can sneak some crayons into the MRI. Those beige tunnels need decorations and graffiti may be just the ticket to perk them up.
I do not endorse that idea. I'm just wondering about the option.

Jill Johnson said...

I know that wasn't my Aaron, because he wouldn't say I was just OK. So whoever is commenting for him you better live up to an awesome man.

I am really proud of you for updating twice in one week!!! It is good to hear all they are doing. I am amazed that all of this didn't happen before? sounds good. Good luck with the MRI. I look forward to your next post to tell us how scared you were.

Keli said...

Good luck with everything. Enjoy Seattle, it's a very hip town. Pikes is super fun. You should go up to the top of the Space Needle, too. There's a Starbucks up there. Really. How funny, huh?

Brianne said...

I am so glad you will be able to enjoy Christmas with the kids before the transplant. Good luck with all the tests.

Heidi said...

We wish you the best with all the poking and prodding--hopefully you'll be so groggy from the drug you won't remember your MRI!

Kaufman Family said...

Good Luck with the MRI. I remember hearing how traumatic the last one was. I hope the wine pills help. Let us know what that is like. Hopefully the wine pills will still have their effect when you go to the dentist because that can't be fun either.

justin/shannon said...

Hey man sounds like you are having fun as usual.I'm glad that things are going ok. Hope to hear from you soon.

Just Rhonda said...

Hope the tests went okay for you!! And that you are feeling healthy for Christmas!!