Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Going on TEN!


Casey is doing well we are our 10th week. We are definetly feeling it. It has become a part of our life but it still does not make it easy. With the kids in school, soccer practices, achievement days, young womens, cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping, and visiting Casey it is all a little overwelming. His counts are coming up to 0.6 so hopefully by next week some time he will get to come home. He is getting extremely bored, but we learned being bored is better then being worried. When he gets to come home the doctors will still be searching for some new clinical drugs that will help him stay in remission. We cherish each day and hope that he is granted more time with us.


REASONS WHY I LOVE CASEY:
1. He is always so positive (he was not a match to some new wonder drugs and he reply's, "it's probably a good thing because maybe the side effects would have been bad").
2. I love having old trucks in my back yard.
3. He taught me that the classifieds are the most important section in a newspaper.
4. He always lets me win at games.
5. He is great with our kids.
6. He always lets me have my way. (he said this is changing when he gets out of here!)
7. He helps me in the middle of the night with the kids (thank goodness this doesn't happen very often).
8. He is always willing to try something new.
9. He is always talking of new business ideas.
10. Has great family and friends!
11. Is very strong willed.
12. Use to have the cutest wrangler butt. It's not that it isn't cute anymore it's that I haven't seen him in wranglers in a long long time. Thank goodness!
13. Respects me.
14. Listens to me.
15. Has definetly made my life interesting and exciting.
16. Always watches the most interesting TV shows.
17. Has the smoothest feet in the whole world. (He takes great pride in them)
18. Is an excellent driver (this is true, he has been in and out of ditches without a scratch) (Oh! I forgot last year on his birthday he rear ended someone and lost the hood of his car! Ooops!)
19. Will always give me good advice.
20. Has definetly taught me there is more than one way to eat a grapefruit.


This week my Grandma Carol turned 75. She is the one in the middle. On her birthday she learned that she has stage 4 lung cancer. It was heart breaking to hear about it. I love her and we have so many good memories with her. Hopefully she will still make many more. Life is great and I have learned to cherish and make the most of everyday. My Grandma lived in St. George for the past couple of years in the winters. It was nice to get to spend time with her. She is always the Grandma that would shove you full of food and always had good stuff to eat. She would take offense if you didn't eat what you had to offer. I admire my Grandma she was always at my Grandpa's beckoning call. I could learn a lot from her. She is also the only person I know to have two different colored eyes. I love her and am going to fully support her in her challenges that lie ahead. My advice: Take one day at a time and NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

9 comments:

camille kempton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
camille kempton said...

Sorry about that last one I tried to add something and couldn't figure out how so I thought I would start over.
Reasons why we love Casey:
He's -----
honest-
witty-
always up for a good time-
crazy-
looks great bald-
has smooth feet-
would give you the shirt off his back-
has an awesome wife (the kids aren't too bad either)
dependable(he'll show up to teach seminary even though his team teacher slept in)

Heidi said...

Casey and Lani---it's so uplifting to read your blog because no matter what is thrown at you guys, you're looking for the positive. Sitting bored in a hospital IS better than the alternative!
My husband also has very smooth feet---I think it's because Andrew wears socks everyday. And growing up in Texas, I TOTALLY know what you mean about cute Wrangler butts...I got a kick out of that one :)

Jill Johnson said...

Do we have to go to Canada to see Casey in wranglers? I am going to follow Camille and list why welove Casey:
He is always a good partner at Canasta(unless he is Lani's)
He can always give you a good laugh(I am going out of town, both dogs better be accounted for when I get home)
He can fix cars
He is always laying around waiting to be visited when we need a night away from home.

Love you guys. Hang in there.

Darrell and Alissa said...

I love reading your blog- it's so positive! We miss you guys and are so glad to hear things are going so well! Are you keeping this blog after he goes home?

Brianne said...

So sad about Grandma. It's crazy the way things go these days.

Since I am a follower, I will continue "why we love Casey",

-he always had good advice in my dating years at USU.
-he tells great stories and makes me laugh.
-would let me use his truck when i didn't have transportation.

Kaufman Family said...

You are very positive. I can't imagine how you are keeping up. Casey is a very positive person. I think the next blog should have a picture of Casey in his wranglers. Lani, I am sorry to hear about your grandma. Good luck and hang in there. We hope Casey goes home soon. Angela and Ken

Candace said...

I love reading your blog because Lani never informs me of anything that is going on, except that I got a lot of info yesterday from you so I take that back now. I'm so glad that you will be able to come home soon. I'm sure that you are extra glad to be coming home to the 'Silver Fox' what a lucky guy you are.
I'm glad that you guys are so positive and I'm sure that you will be a great help and example to Grandma Folsom in her trials that lay ahead.
Going in the ditch and coming out without a scratch is very true(I was in the vehicle), although poor little Aubree at almost 3 got the brunt of it when all the luggage feel on top of her. It was cute.
We love you guys, take care!
Jason and Candace Hull

Just Rhonda said...

I heard about your grandma. And I feel so bad for you guys. More stuff and still you are so positive. That is a lesson to us all!!!