Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Crazy Canucks





My trip to Canada was quit the adventure. I arrived at the airport and was told that only Sam and I could go. I had a friend bring me Aubree's Canadian Certificate and then was told only Aubree and I could go, because I accidently showed the supervisor that Sam was American. She did not understand that you could be citizens of two different countires. They finally said that Aubree, Sam and I could all go. But no Max. Max hopped in with Skye and off they went. I felt so bad for him. Meanwhile, my kids are crying cause Max couldn't come and I finally started crying because I was not expecting all of this added stress. The airline had told me if I have my passport and my kids had their birth certificates then all would be well. The supervisor said, "Mame it is not our job to inform you of the laws." So I am informing you, first to the supervisor you never give up your right as a citizen of one country to become a citizen of another. (called DUAL citizenship).

NoTe: If you don't have passports for your children then get them, even if they have a receipt showing that they are mailed that will do.

NOW, about a Canadian wedding, they are a little different then your American weddings. First off to anyone attending the reception, I apologize but yes we are crazy. I think my new sister-in-law and her family think we are crazy. My uncle was MC of the wedding. It started off good, then we were told by my brother that we weren't allowed to clink the glasses because it was offensive to the bride's family. Then we got in to the program, the dinner is all about the program and the food (which came from Columbia, we had stuffed pigs, It was really good) the program consisted of one of my uncle's being Elvis, then my Grandma Yoodling, the MC had transformed into Spiderman and the costume has shrunk from last time he wore it. Elvis by then had even gotten more warmed up and decided to do another number. Then to top it off my Dad did a crazy dance completed with a routine of his animal noises. We were all looking around to see how everyone was reacting. I guess Chad (my brother) need not hide how crazy we all are, at least now she knows what she has gotten in to and at least she will get sympathy from her family now.

The trip was great we got to see lots of old friends and family and it was even nice enough to go bale jumping. This is really fun! The little kids even rode calves. What we do on a farm is very different but it was a great way to grow up and we wouldn't trade it for anything. We had a great time and am excited to be back with Max and Casey, all is still going well with Casey. He is started on this 8th week and hope to be out of here at least by next weekend.

12 comments:

bushfam6 said...

Glad you are back Lani...started to wonder if there was ever going to be any new news on this blog!!! I guess Casey does not find it important enough to keep his adorning fans up to date on the going ons at Club Med(aka Mt View hospital). Cheri and I are sure that the reason why Casey is still in the hospital is because he is scared that we will not visit him once he is released!! Casey, don't worry, Cheri & I will just be down the street & we can visit even more!! YEAH!! And we can also bring all your "stuffed friends" by again for another visit too!!

Heidi said...

Glad to hear you survived your trip Lani---what a mess!! The reception sounds like a blast! When I first saw the picture of your brother and his beautiful new bride, I thought he was marrying that actress America Ferrara (she plays Ugly Betty.)
How great that Casey might be coming home next weekend. Glad you're back home!

Heidi said...

Let me clarify--someone might misinterpret my comment----your brother's wife is very pretty and she reminds me of that actress. (I'm NOT saying she looks like Ugly Betty.) Hopefully I'm making sense. I should just stop talking now :)

Meg & Josh said...

And you want to set me up with your brother?? Ha Ha Ha Jill has my number, have him call me.

Hope you ALL made it BACK, safely. Tell Casey Hi from the Noorda clan.

Brianne said...

You are fast, I still haven't had a chance to go through all my pictures and post them. My camera ran out of space on it so I didn't get half the pictures you did. Can you email me some? The bail jumping picture is the best. I clicked on it to enlarge it and besides me, Brian looks the funniest. What good times. We really did grow up in the best place ever! Too bad Casey and Max couldn't have been there!

Tina Folsom said...

I'm glad you were able to come to the wedding and sad that Max & Casey weren't able to join you. I married into a crazy family and my family is OK with that. They can't believe that when I host a family dinner, that no one leaves until late but I love it. My family tends to be quite boring and there's never a dull moment with the Folsom's. Great pictures. Jumping on the bales is one of our favorite things to do. City kids don't understand the thrill in that do they? Give Casey our best. You're always in our prayers.

Jill Johnson said...

You aren't supposed to bale jump in flip flops. What were you girls thinking? Sounds fun. I am jealous you got to be with your family.

Castiel Moyes said...

Dustin and I were totally laughing at the reception with all the characters! That sounded really funny and very fun.

Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like quite a trip!!! I can't believe that Chad is married now! Weird!!! Glad to see you got to go to the wedding! Love that bale jumping photo!! It's AWESOME!

Kim Marx said...

For all the differences in Canadian eh? weddings vs. American, glad to know the church is still true and the wedding party is in front of the classic accordian sliding door of the cultural hall/gym with the wooden basketball floor.

Casey - we'll be glad to have you back.

Heidi said...

Hey Lani---boys will be boys. I can't believe Sam spray painted your block wall (on second thought, I can believe it!) Good thing he decided not to spray paint your car instead :) I think boys are always mischievous and getting into trouble no matter what their age!

Marie said...

I'm writing this comment for Uncle Gary. He thinks that the costume fit much better than last time and looked rather good.(I think it may have seemed to fit better because the hole in the crotch made it feel roomier and last time he wasn't quite himself after leaping around and smacking his head on the doorway) Crazy families make the world go round! We think of you guys often and love ya a ton.