Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The PlanS

I saw my Doc. on Monday. The good news is that there are no tumors or leukemia in my spine, or brain. The bad news is that there is a trace amount of blasts in my bone marrrow, one test shows 5% blasts and the other test shows under 3%. The spots on my body are most likley tumors from the Leukemia, which will be taken care of with chemotherapy. I will have 5 days of chemotherapy and a few weeks of radiation (nothing like scheduling a sunburn), They will also put chemo into my spinal fluid which requires a spinal tap at least four or five times. I had a spinal tap last Thursday and have had severe headaches since, hopefully this will go away and never come back.

Not too much to report on this week, other than it is really, really hot here in Vegas.

Later

7 comments:

Brianne said...

It is in the 70's here in Michigan. Perfect!

Glad things aren't too bad for you. But will it ever end?

Kaufman Family said...

For you not having a lot to report, that still seems like a lot to me. Good luck. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Melissa and Brandon said...

Sweet you get to watch Spinal Tap how many times? I guess that could lead to headaches though and we hope they go away soon. Sounds a lot better then the bone marrow biopsy. Good Luck Casey, we're right there with you and your family!

themurphys said...

I seems like there is always something. I hope your headaches will go away and this will be enough for you and family!!

Nelson Family said...

Hey Casey and Lani!

Long time no see. I got on your blog thru Shalae's. I think they call it blogstalking! I was happy to get an update on you, Casey. Sounds like life is eventful for you, but it sure seems like so far so good. That makes me happy. I'm sure it makes you happy! I'll keep track of you thru the blog now that I have it. We'll keep you in our prayers. You guys are a true inspiration to me and Jason of courage, optimism, and humor when things are rough. Take care- Faun

The Burila Bunch said...

Hey! I have a neighbor that is from Cardston and you were the only one I knew from those neck of the woods. Turns out Christy Taft(Schaffer) knew of you. Anyway, Dave (Elder) Burila here just wanted to say Hello!!!! I do quite a bit of traveling for work and I'm in Las Vegas every now and then. How about if I stop by and visit about ole' mission times? I just had Elder and Sister Loveridge over just a few weeks ago. I've been living in Stansbury Park, UT (Tooele) for the past two years. I'm sorry to hear of your recent trials. Let me know how your doing and how long you expect to be in Las Vegas? Your Brother, Dave

Tanya said...

We are your family.... When are we going to be cool enough to b added to your web page? Congrats.!!! We are so proud of you. You will do an awesome job in the bishop ric. Your ward is so lucky to have you. Your so inspiring. love ya lots. Tanya