Monday, August 4, 2008

The latest

I went to the Doc. today and found out that things aren't as bad as I thought. They have determined that I have a tumor caused by the Leukemia (sorry that I cannot remember the exact terminology for it). It is usally associated with the Leukemia (ALL). It is very treatable and we will be doing tests all week to find out if and where it has spread. The treatment is a combination of Chemoytherapy (injeccted into my spinal fluid and my personal favorite 3 days of regular Chemo), I will be getting a hickman catheter placed in my chest. This will be the 6th time that I have had that done. I wonder if the surgen could just put some sort of a faucet in my chest. I did have my only other procedure done this morning, a Bone Marrow Biopsy. Nothing like showing up to the appointment to find out your having a B0ne Marrow Biopsy.

Our little vacation was great. We had so much fun that we did not want to come home. We did all kinds of things from walking through a maze and playing mini golf to riding horses and watching bears. We also rafted down the river a coupl.e of times. Big thank you goes out to Randy Stewart who lent out his rafts to us. Some of our group jumped off of the cliffs those who did not lose their sanity stayed on the shore. We had a family rodeo. That was the big event, mutton bustin, chicken scramble, and a good round of steer decorating. There were some extra curricular activities of which the favorite was collecting keys from all of Gary's old trucks.

Anyway I will update later on

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad to hear things are better than you thought! That must be a relief.

Sounds like you had a great vacation! I'm sure it was much needed. We love you, and we're thinking of you and your family.

Sirenane said...

Hola cuz!
Although I feel for ya having to go through all the tests etc. right now, I'm glad to hear that that it's better than you had first thought!

I love keeping up on your blog! And I have to say.. I'm a little envious of your vacation!! What I wouldn't give to go rafting down the river there!! Go horse back riding with Old Chief in the background, and enjoy some great Alberta beef!! hahaha!

You're in my thoughts Casey and always in my prayers!!
I send big hugz to you and your family! Also to your Mom and Dad!
Take good care of your precious self!!
Renee

Cam and Coralee said...

We are so relieved that your tumor is of the treatable variety. Sorry to hear about the Hickman (again) and the bone marrow biopsy. Cam has been drilled 14 times now and he still dreads them. Good luck with all the tests coming your way this week. Science and the ways that it can help us is amazing. We are also very glad to hear about all the fun that was had back home with your family. Looking forward to reading your future posts as things move along. You are always in our thoughts.