Sunday, June 1, 2008

Docotr visit

Last Thursday I went for a check up with my oncologist. He figures I have one heck of a gaurdian angel looking over me, and once agian he told me that I was lucky to be alive. The visit ended up being uneventful, I think that Sam got more attention than I did from the nurses. It has been a busy weekend for us. Three baseball games and two end of season parties. Max recieved the most improved player award, it was good as he worked hard all year. Sam got the "Most Enthusiastic Batter" award from his team. Sam would swing the bat with all of his might several times before the pitch, I guess he wanted to make sure that he was ready. Lani also had all of the young womenfrom the ward sleep over for some activity, the boys and I stayed at Al\s place. To top off the weekend I woke up this morning with the flu.

We have lucked out this year and have had a long spring, only a few days over 100 degrees. It seems like things are going well, that makes me nervouse as that is when things happen to us.

take car

6 comments:

Heidi said...

So happy to hear such great news from the doctor - you definitely deserve it! Sorry you have the flu though, hope you get feeling better soon. Hope your good luck streak continues.....

Tanya said...

Glad your doing well.... Your amazing! Can't wait to see you.!

camille kempton said...

Casey, I've almost given up on you with your blog and just decided I would check it today. We are so glad that you have been doing so good. So you are the one that firecrackered the girls!

Kent & Beka said...

SO glad that things are going so well! What an amazing blessing and story for all of us to remember!
Hope the pukes are done and you didn't share with the fam...

Cam and Coralee said...

Hi Casey,

"Uneventful" doctor visits are the best kind. We both have had our fair share of eventful ones. Great to hear that you are plugging along. Your story continues to inspire us when things get tough. Thanks for cutting a trail for us to follow. We think that both you and Lani are amazing people. Here's to many more uneventful visits.

Cam and Coralee

Kina and Nathan said...

Hey guys, I'm glad to hear that all continues to go well. It does sound like you are keeping busy! That's great! We still hangin in Canada and I'm soooooo glad that it hasn't been even close to a 100 as far as temps go!! :)