Monday, June 23, 2008

Lots to think about

I know that it has been a little while since I have written but I have a great excuse. When I think of it I will share it, suggestions at this point would help.

I go to the Doctor this week for a check up, it should be very routine but you never know. I have had an interesting few weeks. We went to Salt Lake City to bless Jason and Candace's baby girl. It was great to catch up with those who I have not seen in a while. I didn't realize how many people read this blog. It was so fun to take a trip and not have to go to a hospital. I had another hard reminder of how blessed and extremly lucky I am to be alive. Our close friends' mother was not feeling well went to the hospital and found out she has Liver and Pancreatic cancer. The Doctors say that they can't treat it. Lani and I were talking the other day about how many people we personally know who have cancer or had it. The list was quite long. I don't know if it is because of our history or what. All that I know for sure is that I HATE CANCER. It doesn't matter what type it is all bad. After all that we have been through I still find it hard to find the right words to tell people who have just gotten it. Then I only have my experiance to go from and that is hard because I was not supposed to live, then I feel guilty for being so lucky. I guess I will get better with this over what time I have left.

The kids are doing great and enjoying their summer vacation. Today I got a truck load of sand for my back yard, I didn't realize how much 22 tons of sand really is. It's alot in case you're wondering. The kids have been playing on the pile all after noon. We also have a new addition to our family. The Johnsons left a rabbit in a box on our front porch, so now we have a rabbit. It lives under a shade structure (Lani calls it an old truck) and is pretty tricky to catch. I am now looking for something to give the Johnsons as a thank-you. Ideas will be accepted in this area as well.

Work is going ok. I still need to be busier but it will come with some more time. It has been very rewarding to help people plan for the future. Lani is working in real estate and will be closing her first deal on July 7th, we are very excited to get this done. She is also overseeing girls camp again this year.

Anyway this was kindof long, have a great week.

Casey

6 comments:

Tina Folsom said...

We're glad to hear that you're doing so well. You are always in our prayers.

Good luck with work and Congratulations to Lani for closing her first real estate deal. Way to go!

camille kempton said...

If you can't go to the beach, bring the beach to you! Fun!!

As far as saying thank you to the Johnson's...bunny droppings to fertilize their grass?

The Noorda Monkeys said...

or a snake! snake would be cool! or a bag of flies

good to here you are doin well!

Jill Johnson said...

Leave the Johnson's alone.

We decided CANCER SUCKS!! Troy got stickers made up that say it and we put it on all our cars! I will get you one. Thanks for the calls and concerns. Your cancer has helped me deal with my Mom's and it truly is a blessing. Just one of the many we have received. Love you guys!

Brianne said...

You could give the Johnsons a big turttle.

Jamie the Sod Queen said...

Hey there!
Long time not see, or hear, or read, or whatever. I am SOOOO glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. I often wonder and seem to have lost all means of contact for you. Keep taking care and let me know when you come this way next.