Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Church, church and more church....

Well it has been an exciting last few weeks as I was called to serve in the Bishopric. I guess I am now making up for all of the church that I have missed over the last few years. So far it has been a good experience.

My health is doing good. I had a check-up yesterday. The doc was happy with the way that my counts have recovered and are continueing to recover. My white cells are at 1.5 and my neutrophils are at .9 which means that my immune system is comming back and soon I will not have to wear a mask. The next stage in treatment is the 12 doses of radiation, which should start soon. Dr. Sanchez is really good at keeping me informed as to the riskes involved. He also informed me that the nureses from Mountain View Hospital still ask about me. In fact when they read the blog wondered when I would be back in for more treatment. Somehow it is strangly comforting to know that the nurses are looking out for me. This is the first week in a long that I will not have to go get an infusion. The infusion center is a fun place if you are looking to catch up on some sleep. It is funny it takes an hour and a half to infuse a bag of platelets, but on the weekends it only takes 40 mins. per bag. I am still wondering what the real time should be, hopfully it is closer to the 40 min. mark.

We had a pretty good scare on Saturday afternoon. I was gone to do an errand, and Lani was at home. She heard Max crying outside, when she opened the door here was Max holding his right arm. I guess He and Sam were playing around the gates to our community and some how he got his hand stuck in arms that open the gate. He was screaming. The neighbor who lives right by the gate could hear him over his TV show. When he got out there it was all that he could do to open the gate. Any way after a quick 3 hour trip to the ER, he emerged with only a bandage on his wrist. He was lucky. I thought that he at least broke something. His hand is still sore today but it is getting better.


Casey Nish

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like life in the bishopric is busy busy - bet it's nice though to visit with all the ward members and issue callings!
Glad to hear your numbers are coming up and that Max is okay...is that why your neighborhood gate is broken?

Kimberly said...

Sounds like being in the bishopric agrees with you. I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

Poor Max! That must have been quite a scare for him. I'm glad he's okay. Isn't it great to have good neighbors?

The Norton's said...

Glad things are going ok for you. I hadn't checked your blog for awhile but had heard you had been called to the Bishopric. Man, you continue to amaze me. Sounds like you had fun when you were home, wish I could have run into you, not literally. LOL Take care.
Deedra